Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Kemah Boardwalk and San Jacinto Monument

Although I have been to both of these places before, I still find it exciting and different each time I go back.
This time it was quite breezy and cool, a weekday, and most of the boardwalk businesses were closed.


I believe the carousel was open, but no one was riding.


Last time I was here, the wooden roller coaster was closed, but today, it is open.  I debated on whether to ride it, but my last experience with a wooden roller coaster was not a pleasant one, so I walked on.  


The Battle of San Jacinto was where Santa Anna of Mexico was defeated by the Texans.  Following the slaughter at The Alamo, Texans were not going to loose again.


The USS Texas.


My previous blogs of these places can be seen here:  Houston Space Center and Kemah BoardwalkShiner Bock and Battle of San Jacinto

No comments: