Fort Oswego. Like many of the older forts it has gone through many transitions. First
established as a trading post in 1722, it became a fort in 1727, manned by the British. It fell to the French during the French and Indian War, mid 1700s. It was abandoned by the Army in the 1940s. Later it was used as a veteran's home before the state bought it and restored it as a historic site.