Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More of Cajun Country

I visited McIlhenny Co. or more commonly known as the Tobasco Factory on Avery Island.

They have been in business since 1880.
They even have royal approval from the queen.


They ship tobasco sauce to over 160 countries and print labels in over 110 languages. This batch is going to Saudi Arabia.

Our next stop was the oldest rice mill in the U.S. It was an interesting tour when I was their in 2009, so I went again with Max and Tom (Tom had never been). When I was there before I thought the plant itself was disgustingly dirty.

Well, it hasn't changed. Cobwebs and dirt everywhere.

And I think this might have been the same cat from 2009. Still making itself at home anywhere it wants, even on the conveyor belts where they package the rice.

For more info and pictures from my trip in 2009: http://ladynomad2005.blogspot.com/2009/09/avery-island-and-area.html

No comments: