Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Renaissance Festival

We spent the entire day at the Renaissance Fair.  Needless to say, when we left we were all tired.  But we had a great time.  I won't put a caption on all the pictures since most speak for themselves.

I thought it interesting how many people attending the fair were in costume, too.



I have a hard time standing on my own two legs.  I don't know how she does it.



The hawkers make it look soooooo easy.



The Celtic Band, Tartanic.  


Gavin showed us his Celtic Dance moves.


The Jousting Arena.





Aaron and Adrion thought they would try their hand at knife throwing.


Aaron never got his to stick, and Adrion could barely lift his, so his didn't quite make it to the boards at all.



The grandsons are preparing to be knighted by the King and Queen.



Giving the history of the sword. Not just a symbol of liberty and honor, but during the Middle Ages, also a symbol of Christianity when held as the knight above is holding his sword.


Sir Gavin


Adam Crack, the Whipmaster, hold 9 Guinness World Records.








He holds the 2010 World Record for the most two-handed whipcracks in a minute (513).  I was so fascinated, I forgot to keep count.  










1 comment:

Diana said...

Really cute post - loved it!