Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Back in Oklahoma

Once back in Oklahoma, Oct 2014, I decided to stay through Thanksgiving, visiting with my kids both in Tahlequah and Oklahoma City.
My RV had been stored outside of Tahlequah on my son's property, so I picked it up and moved it to the RV park in town.
My youngest grandson getting ready for Halloween.

Gavin with his older brother, dad and uncle, and they are ready for trick or treating.

Holly posted this picture to remind everyone that they can and do occasionally get dressed up for a night on the town.

After a few days, I headed to Oklahoma City to visit my other son and his wife and my grandkids there.

Carter was the star football player tonight.  They lost the game by 1 point, but he blocked a pass and while in the air got hit by the other team, getting the wind knocked out of him.  But he got up and finished the game.  What a young man.  So proud of him.

Colin and Caitlin have birthdays just two weeks apart.  With so much going on this time of year, they ended up with a joint birthday celebration.

Bob, Amy and the grandkids.

From there I decided to head to the Texas Speedway for NASCAR.


I've now been to 7 different NASCAR tracks.  
After returning to Tahlequah for a few weeks, I headed back to the Oklahoma City area for Thanksgiving at my nephew's house and a lot of family.  

I love deep fried turkey.

Look at all that food.

There was quite a crowd.  Four of my five boys were there, along with several nephews and nieces and my sisters-in-law and all the kids.

Lots of food.

And then it was time to check out the ads for Black Friday shopping.

I hated to leave, but cold weather was coming and my workamping job was waiting in Bandera, TX.  My cousin in Dallas told me he would BBQ me a steak if I would stop and visit.  While I was there we went out looking at RVs.

Well, lo and behold, I found one I really liked and made an offer and the dealer accepted it.  Now I found myself the owner of this new RV (at least new to me), and I have only a couple of days to transition between old and new and still get to Bandera on time.


Luckily another cousin was available to help me move.  Martha, thank you very much for all your help.  I really couldn't have done it without you.


No comments: