Monday, December 9, 2013

My visits while in Derby

When I realized I was going to be in Kansas in October, I started making plans to attend the Nascar race at Kansas City Speedway.  Joyce had never been to a Nascar race, so she joined me.
It was a little chilly and cloudy, but turned out to be a really nice day for the race.



Waiting for race time to start and wandering around the exhibits.


And it's off to the races.  This race had its first wreck in the first turn after it started.  And it went downhill from there.  All the wrecks did make for an exciting race, but instead of a 2-3 hour race, it was almost 5 hours long and it was getting dark before they finished.  I think there were a record setting 21 yellow flags in this race.


One weekend I headed over to Tahlequah, OK, to visit Aaron, Holly and the grandkids.  As soon as I arrived they took me out to the 40 acres they are buying.  It has to be close enough to town for Holly to get to the hospital in 15 or 20 minutes, yet it is far enough out, it really is in the country.  And with 40 acres, when they build, they can build in the middle of their property and be totally invisible from any road.  It was a nice mix of woods, low valley with blackberry bushes, a creek and flat meadow for building.  No pictures as it was dusk when we arrived.

Adrion wants to play the Marimba, but first has to learn to play the snare drum.


His Marimba. 
 

Dad tries his hand at Adrion's Marimba.


The new owners of their rental home took out the pool, but now they have room for the trampoline.  I'm just glad no one was home to take pictures of me making a fool of myself on this thing.  But it was fun.


Aaron, Holly, Adrion and Gavin.


My last day there we headed to Tulsa to the zoo.  Gavin enjoys the petting zoo.



No comments: