Friday, June 22, 2012

When it rains, it pours......

For the past month I have been hobbling around with a gimpy leg.  How did it get this way?  Well, first, while visiting my grandson, I stepped out of his jeep (which has a lift kit on it making it way high) and ended up doing the splits with one leg on the ground and the other still in the jeep.  Ouch.  It was sore but didn't hurt much when I walked, so I continued my morning walks with Fancy, and when I arrived at Capitol Reef National Park, I did several hikes.
But then I went dancing.  What a mistake.  Those spins and twirls on an already sore leg, wasn't a good thing.  Next morning I headed towards the nearest clinic.  They x-rayed both hips and knee, and thankfully there was no fracture.  I was told to be careful, use some crutches, and they gave me some medicine.  So I went back and borrowed a crutch and used it for maybe 2 days, then went back to my regular routine.  
Well, it's been 2 weeks since I visited the doctor and I'm not much better.  Some days I can barely walk.  So yesterday I purchased some crutches and I'm finally doing what the doctor told me several weeks ago.     If I'm not better by next week, then it's back to the doctor again.  If nothing else, this has given me a new compassion for people with chronic knee and back problems.
My grandson's jeep, which I fell out of.

And while I was here in Grand Junction I decided to have the tires on my car rotated.  I mean, it's only been 2 years since it was last done.   Well, the inside of the front tires were worn down to the steel belts.  Not good.  So 4 new tires.  But the good news was I got a pro-rated price on the tires because of the warranty.  So on I go to have the front end alignment, which I thought was going to be a simple job, but that was not the case.  A nut had come loose and wallowed out something under there and now I require a new ball joint and several other pieces.  So, even though it's been an expensive week with car repairs, it's nothing to what it would have cost me if the front end had fallen apart or if my front tires had blown out while towing. 

I sure hope next week gets better.  I can take only so much drama. 


1 comment:

Barbara and Ron said...

Well, that's frustrating. I hope you feel better really soon. I can only imagine how you must be going crazy.