Saturday, June 30, 2012

The last of Grand Junction

Peggy held a photo contest and I won in the landscape category.  It was my picture of the Lower Calf Creek Falls, taken back while I was staying at Torrey, UT. 
Lower Calf Creek Falls is located in the Grand Staircase of the Escalante.  My prize?  A box of chocolates.  Max won in the category of people and action, and Diana won for the best flower photo.  I don't have a copy of Max's photo, he made a collage of several of the activities.  You can see Diana's photo at her blog:

A few days before I went back to the doctor and he put me in the splint, I thought I was getting better and the bike ride would be theraputic for my knee.  So I did a 10 mile bike ride along the Colorado River.  (I guess it wasn't as theraputic as I thought)

Getting ready for the ride.

They have a wonderful bike trail on both side of the river.

This is my favorite part of the ride.  It is about 4 miles through this shaded forest area along the river.


No comments: