Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving is over-on to Arizona

I have spent the last 3 weeks in Oklahoma visiting family and friends, splitting my time between Eufaula and Oklahoma City. But Thanksgiving is over and I head west tomorrow. Checking the weather on my route is not looking good. I chose to head south, then west because I-40 west is known for its snow and ice this time of year, but checking the weather south hasn't been good either. One planned stop is Van Horn, TX, just east of El Paso. You would think that far south you wouldn't have to worry about snow, but according to weather.com, snow is in the forecast. Yuck! So I thought I would rethink heading west on I-40, but no, snow is in the forecast there too. Maybe I can just tap my heels like Dorothy of "The Wizard of Oz" and close my eyes and wish myself to Apache Junction........

2 comments:

Diana said...

We miss you, but maybe if you wait a few days, it will get warmer. Drive safe.

Barbara and Ron said...

Wow! I see what you mean. It looks like Van Horn won't get decent until Thursday. Be careful, girlfriend.