Friday, June 26, 2015

Crawfish Festival 2015

Just to let people know, I am way behind on my blogging.  The Crawfish Festival was in early May and it is almost July.  But I'm trying to get caught up.
The first weekend of May in Breaux Bridge, LA, is the Crawfish Festival.  Three days of cajun music, cajun dancing, cajun food and lots of fun.  We camp out behind Parc Hardy (where the festival is held) and we can walk in and out as often as we like.  
Everybody gets out and dances


Cedryl Ballou and the Zydeco Trendsetters

 They really get into their music.

Leroy Thomas and the Zydeco Roadrunners with our friend Kathy out front playing the washboard

Geno Delafose and the French Rockin' Boogie

Wayne and the Same Ole Two Step

Huval Family Band

Kathy and her washboard

Practicing to be the next washboard king

But it wasn't all music, there were crafts, too.  I wanted to buy this, but where would I hang it?

And Roy is always there with his wonderful lemondade.  

And good friends

And my favorite, the crawfish ettouffee cookoff.

We kept hanging around watching them prepare this wonderful delicacy, just waiting for the time they started giving samples.

And that time is now.  Yum!


Saturday morning we were waiting for the parade to begin.  

I made phone calls while I waited

Finally.  We could hear it and see it blocks down the road, but it seemed to take forever to get where we were.
Most of the parade has gone by and you can see how successful we were at the amount of beads we are all wearing.  And my cup is full of candy, too.

The final float was the King and Queen Crawfish

And some people preferred to hang out (literally) in camp
The festival is over and we all head out tomorrow.  Our next stop?  Port Aransas.

No comments: