Saturday, June 21, 2014

Joshua's Graduation

MAY 2014.  I traveled to Aurora, CO, for my grandson's high school graduation.  

There were tornado warnings for the first three days after I arrived.  Hey, I left Kansas and Oklahoma to get away from the tornadoes, what were they doing following me here?!


My son, Brian, had two truckloads of mulch delivered just days before the graduation party.  Thank goodness he had all these helpers to move the mulch out of the street.

But it started raining.  No seemed to mind, though, and they just kept on working.

They actually got all that mulch moved the first day and spread the second day.  It sure did look nice.

The kids live just a block from Aurora Lake and the 7.8 mile walking/bike trail which goes all the way around the lake.  I got out every morning for a 3.5 to 4.5 mile walk.  These prairie dogs chattered at me every morning.


This is the Joshua, who graduated with honors from Lutheran High School in Parker, CO. 

The throwing of the caps.

I'm very proud of this young man.  He will be going to Grand Canyon University next year.

Of course there was the graduation party.  It was quite an affair for both Joshua and his best friend, Ryan. 


When I first skydived back in 2008, I called all my grandkids and told them I would take them when they turned 18.  Well, Joshua is the first one to turn 18.  Skydiving was his graduation present from me.  Freefall.

I think he enjoyed it.  


I found this older picture of Joshua and me going sledding several years ago. 


Congratulations to my grandson, Joshua, for graduating from high school!

No comments: