Friday, February 27, 2009

Yuma and dental work

After the dance rally I headed to Yuma for some dental work. While in Costa Rica I cracked a back tooth. I had a dentist in Mesa look at it and she said the one behind it was even in worse shape and wanted $1800 to fix them. Instead I headed to Yuma. Many friends have had their dental work done down here at a fraction of the cost and been well pleased. I had made an appointment 2 weeks ago but when I arrived for my appointment last Tuesday, the dentist had no record of the appointment. I later found out I had called the wrong number for Dr. Ramos. I don't know who I called, but someone had a missed appointment. So I had to wait almost 1 1/2 hours to be seen. But they did the impressions for 2 crowns, ground them down and put on a temporary. One problem I have is a deep bite. Most dentists say I should be wearing a night guard because I grind my teeth and that is what causes them to crack. Oh well! Anyway, I cracked the temporary crown put on last Tuesday. Today they put the permanent crowns on. Needless to say, my mouth is sore and the jury is still out as to whether they are a good fit. I hate having dental work and if my mouth is not sore tomorrow then I am done for this year. Mexico was crowded and even at 11 am it was almost 1 hour to get back across the border. Better than last Tuesday where it took me more than 2 hours when I got in line at 1 pm.

No comments: